- Platform: Hard-Fork
BitShares is a technology supported by next-generation entrepreneurs, investors, and developers with a common interest in finding free market solutions by leveraging the power of globally decentralized consensus and decision making. BitShares looks to extend the innovation of the blockchain to all industries that rely upon the internet to provide their services.
In order to adhere to the DPOS consensus and maintain DEFI credit, while protecting the interests of investors and avoiding impacts on the stability of the existing BTS network, BTS China Association will conduct a hard fork of BTS which result in two different chains. The snapshot will happen on September 10, 2020 at 21:55 (GMT+8) and all BTS holders will receive NBS coins at a ratio of 1 BTS = 1 NBS.
- Hold BTS coins in your BitShares wallet or exchanges that support the hard fork.
- Exchanges that have currently announced support for the hard fork are Binance and Huobi. Follow BitShares social channels to see the updated list.
- If you’re holding BTS on your BitShares wallet then you’ve to do additional steps which will be announced at a later stage.
- The snapshot for the hard fork will happen on September 10, 2020 at 21:55 (GMT+8).
- All eligible BTS holders will receive NBS coins at a ratio of 1 BTS = 1 NBS.
- You need at least 1 BTS coin to be eligible to receive the new NBS coins.
- BTS will continue to exist as a separate chain after the hard fork.
- For more information regarding this fork, see this announcement post. Please also not the official announcements from Binance and Huobi.
Disclaimer: We list hardforks for informational purpose only. We are not able to make sure that hardforks are legit. We only want to list the opportunity of a free airdrop. So stay safe and make sure to claim forks with a private key of an empty wallet.